All UF students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in the UF DNA Day Twitter Contest. All you have to do is tweet at @UFGenetics using #UFDNADay what you would do if you won the kit. What do you want to use it? One winner will receive a personal DNA analysis and ancestry kit from 23andMe. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges from the UF Genetics Institute and the Genetics Club.
The winner will receive a personal DNA analysis and ancestry kit from 23andMe worth $199. This prize is provided by the UF Genetics Institute, but personal DNA and information will only be accessible to the winner through the 23andMe system. After the prize has been awarded to the winner, the UF Genetics Institute takes no responsibility for any interactions between the winner and 23andMe.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply and must be followed to be considered for the winning prize:
- You must tweet your reason for wanting to use a 23andMe kit
- The entrant must tweet the photo to a public Twitter account to be considered a submission, and include in the same tweet:
- Our DNA Day hashtag – #UFDNAday
- Mention @UFGenetics
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The entrant must be at least 18 years of age, verified by photo ID.
- The entrant must be a student, faculty or staff member of the University of Florida, verified by UFID.
- The entrant must submit the reason via Twitter between 12:01 a.m. EST March 20 and 2:30 p.m. EST April 20, 2016.
- By submitting a tweet, the entrant authorizes the UF Genetics Institute to utilize any part of the submission for promotional purposes in print, broadcast and online outlets, including use on social media sites.
- By submitting a tweet, the entrant agrees to all contest rules and requirements, and attests that the submission is the entrant’s own work and that the entrant owns all copyrights associated with it.
- The winner will not be able to immediately receive their prize. The UFGI must first register the prize in the winner’s name, and wait for delivery from 23andMe (usually approximately two weeks). The UFGI will arrange for pick-up by the winner.
If you have additional questions or comments, please contact us – UFGIfirstname.lastname@example.org